At Kookaburra Early Learning we believe that the Early Childhood Years are the most critical period in life for growth and development in all areas and recognise the importance of unique learning and developmental opportunities to ensure your child’s quality educational experience. We aim to lay a strong foundation for future success in education by extending and enriching your child’s learning.
Each child will be individually guided to develop at their own pace according to his or her unique individual way.
We follow the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), which is based on three key concepts:
- Belonging acknowledges children’s independence with others and the basis of relationships in defining identities.
- Being recognises the significance of the here and now in children’s lives.
- Becoming reflects the process of rapid and significant change that occurs in the early year as young children learn and grow.
Through our Pedagogical Teaching our educators promote EYLF guidelines on how to effectively plan, assess learning activities and monitor your child’s progress, while:
- Laying emphasis on Play-based learning.
- Recognising the importance of communication and language, including early literacy and numeracy.
- Recognising a child’s social and emotional development.
Our programs convey the highest expectations for all children’s learning from birth to five years and through the transition to school. Our educators promote the following five Learning Outcomes:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of well being
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators
Our programs capture each child’s interests and experiences. Activities are based around these interests during one-on-one time with the educator or as a group to broaden the knowledge, culture, ideas, abilities and interests of each child. Topics for study are captured through discussions with the children, family events, through community, as well as the known interests of the children. We also offer a stimulating environment to develop a positive attitude towards learning which fosters creativity and spontaneity and develops confident and involved learners and effective communicator.
Specific educational resources and facilities are provided to help in the development and growth of children including the following Additional Programs:
- SCHOOL READINESS PROGRAM (read more)
- Transition to School Program
- Community involvement including excursions the library, Retirement village, parks and community gardens
- After School Care and Vocational Care (read more)
- “ABC Reading Eggs” which is so much Fun……and Learning at the same time. This program supports core literacy teaching and gets children successfully started on their journey to becoming confident readers.
- Physical/Dance/Movement activities. (read more)
- Sustainability Program (read more)
- Healthy and Safety Program (read more)
- Music (read more)
- Extra-Curricular Activities & Special Events (read more)
Children’s learning is made visible by the curriculum plan, children’s portfolios, Reflections journals, newsletters and learning boards and on Educa.
To read more about the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) please see the link below: National Quality Framework