School Readiness & Transitional Program (including Ipad’s & Interactive Whiteboard)
‘Starting at ‘big school’ can be a little daunting’.
Our Pre-School programs aim to offer you and your child a smooth transition from pre-school to school.
Our Centre provides child-centred Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) for our programs. Our programming and planned activities are based on observing children and our teaching Pedagogy (read more). Our programs are created to enhance development by meeting the children’s individual needs. Each child will be pace guided to develop individually according to his or her unique, individual way. Programs are evaluated on a regular basis. The curriculum is based on the following skills:
- Fine and gross motor development
- Cognitive, Logical/Mathematical and Naturalistic Development
- Social/emotional development
- Musical, Linguistic, Spatial, Creative and Aesthetic development
- Interpersonal intelligence development
- Making the adjustment to school life a little easier
Our qualified early childhood teachers plan school readiness programs to include activities focused on language and literacy, mathematics and the social skills such as:
- Writing activities, which encourages letter formations, fine motor skill and pencil grip.
- Encouraging self-help skills, getting your child used to classroom routine and assisting
your child with changes on a daily basis.
- Encouraging your child to participate in group activities, turn taking, sharing.
Technology is incorporated in everyday activities via the use of iPads and smart boards and selected educational programs.
Our Early Childhood Educators and Teachers work together with the local schools and teachers to assist in the transition to school process and provide families with relevant literature and support, including information sessions.